[squid-users] Setting up adsense to work via a reverse proxy

From: Greg McCarthy <mccarthy.greg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:04:00 +0200

Has anyone tried something like this before.

Some background:

I have a web site setup which allows local and international users to
connect, but specially caters for local only bandwidth users in South
Africa (yes - we have such a thing here due to high bandwidth costs)

When users get capped they cannot access international sites but are
free to access local sites.

I would like to use googles adsense on&nbsp; my page but as its a
international site, local users will not be able to load the adsense
ads since they
are capped - this causes the page to load up slowly while the code
waits to timeout.

What I thought about doing was pointing the adsense code to something
like adsense.mydomain.com which will be accessable via local
bandwidth, which I would then proxy the request to adsense.google.com
(using my international bandwidth)

From my understanding of a reverse proxy I might be able to use a
squid reverse proxy to acomplish this.

I know its probably more of a question for the adsense forum, which
I've tried and so far no response. But does anything think is do-able?