Re: [squid-users] WebFilter by ip

From: Mike Rambo <mrambo_at_lsd.k12.mi.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:49:16 -0400

Landy Landy wrote:
>> Squid + SquidGuard very easy to do. you need to ask
>> yourself, do you want transparent or configure the client
>> browser ?
>> then you can filter with a blacklist
>>

> Greetings.
>
> I'm trying to do this web content filtering at a small elementery school and is tending to be somewhat difficult to implement since I'm already blocking some ip address from accessing the Internet and allowing others. Now, I have no idea how I can filter only a hand full of the allowed ip addresses. Don't know exactly how to do it since there isn't any if statements and stuff like that to use for the ip addresses I need filtering for.
>
> Please guide me to where I can get an idea of what to do in my case.
>
> I appreciate yout time.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. You appear to have
asked the question in response to the answer above.

What do you mean by "the allowed ip addresses"? Is this local ip
addresses that are permitted (or not) to browse or remote addresses that
are or are not allowed to be browsed to?

In any case squidGuard on top of the squid cache can do the filtering
you are looking for (regardless of the answer to the above question - it
will filter on both usages of ip address in that context).

There is a lot of information on both the squidGuard as well as squid
cache web sites regarding how to set this up and of course if you have
specific questions they can be asked here. This question is rather
lacking in details though. What have you found difficult to implement?

--
Mike Rambo
NOTE: In order to control energy costs the light at the end