Re: [squid-users] Intermittent connections patch

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:55:04 +1300

HC Barfield wrote:
> hi
> since there is demand for an offline squid server, when will the current release include the "Intermittent connections patch" with the tristate offline mode?
> http://linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2001/08/02/offline_squid.html
> Cb

Thanks for pointing the patch out again. I was not aware of that one.
Its got some interesting ideas to work with.

The cleanup of offline mode is still an open bug on Squid. We have not
yet gotten around to any real design of how the updated feature should
work and look. Are you interested in working with the developers in
spec'ing out the feature? any design ideas or requirements would be very
welcome should go to squid-dev mailing list please.

In slightly related areas. Squid-2.7 and 2.HEAD have had a fair bit
more work by Mark Nottingham on aggressive caching within the limits of
HTTP standards. Mostly in the reverse-proxy area, but equally applicable
to other modes. Some of that is present in Squid-3.1 already some still
waiting portage.

Amos

--
Please be using