Re: [squid-users] compiling with enable-ssl

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:56:04 +0200

Andrea Gallazzi wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I have many problems to compiling squid 3.1.1 with --enable-ssl switch.
> > OpenSSL is installed already on Ubuntu Server, but ./configure
> > returns many errors and make not works

Remember that you need the devel stuff for compiling squid against
openssl. Check that you have installed these. If configure fails to
"see" your installation, you can point it to the right place with a
parameter. ./configure --help shows this and other parameters.
Often the distribution layouts make it hard to find all needed
parameters. Sometimes I just deinstall the packaged SSL and compile my
own in standard locations. Then all subsequent self-compiled software
can be configured against this vanilla tree.
You need to care for updates yourself, though...

JC