Re: [squid-users] External ACL Queue Overload

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:43:17 +0000

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:00:03 -0300, Diego Woitasen <diegows_at_xtech.com.ar>
wrote:
> Use squid_ldap_group to check group membership. wbinfo_group.pl is or
> should be deprecated.

Can you give any supporting rational for that statement?

> One thing, use concurrency=1 except you know that the helper support
that
> :)

No. concurrency=0 turns it off. :)

> Regard,
> Diego
>
> 2010/3/30 Diego Lima <lists_at_diegolima.org>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm seeing a lot of these messages in one of my proxies:
>>
>> aclMatchExternal: 'nt_group' queue overload. Using stale result.
>>
>> What does that mean? Previously I had problems with queue overloads
>> but it used to deny access. Also this particular proxy seem to be a
>> lot slower than the other ones (we currently operate several proxies
>> balanced by a DNS round robin).
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to improve its performance and get rid of
>> these warnings?

Maybe altering the ACL structures leading up to this will reduce its load.
hard to say without knowledge of your access controls.

Amos