Re: [squid-users] follow_x_forwarded_for

From: Dieter Bloms <squid_at_bloms.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:00:57 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 31, Dayo Adewunmi wrote:

> How do I use `follow_x_forwarded_for` to allow X-Forwarded-For header for all
> IP's in my LAN 192.168.0.0/21. They all go through the squid proxy, 192.168.0.1.

it depends on what you want.
Do you have an another proxy between the clients and squid, or do you
want squid to insert the X-Fordward-For Headers to the external servers (or parents)

You have to use follow_x_forwarded_for, if there is an another proxy
between the clients and squid like this way:

acl myproxy src <proxy between client and squid>
follow_x_forwarded_for allow myproxy
acl_uses_indirect_client on # the acl matches against the real client ips
delay_pool_uses_indirect_client on # optional for delay pools
log_uses_indirect_client on # to get the real ips from clients in the logs

if you want that squid should insert the X-Forward-For Headers, you have
to use

forwarded_for on

I hope this helps

--