[squid-users] Performance behind proxy

From: Kevin Blackwell <akblackwel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:53:18 -0500

OK,

I will accept that a browser behind a proxy is going to load the pages
slower then a browser in front of the proxy.

But I need to trim some time on the page load.

I installed firebug. It can report load times of web pages.

http;//www.google.com will be example.

If I test on my local PC I get
737ms(onload 680ms)

In a browser on the same network as the computers behind proxy but not
using proxy.
766ms (onload 638ms)

But on a terminal server behind the proxy I get
7.78s (onload 5.86s)

That is a huge difference.

Anyone have any thoughts on trimming that down?

--
Kevin Blackwell