RE: [squid-users] cache_peer using DNS name

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:41:35 -0500

I found it listed in 3.0PRE3 bugs, here is the link that I found, it is listed as fixed.

http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Unix/Proxy/Squid/Versions/v3/3.0/bugs/index.html#squid-3.0.PRE3-accel_cache_peer_name

However, this exact problem was occurring I would have never gotten out, I discovered since taking the name= option off that it was apparently just occurring less often. Maybe just a coincidence, that it got better when I changed it. I have changed the rule back to IP address to see if it continues without error over a longer period of time. I have ruled out any network connection problems being the cause (at least on my end). Let me know if there is any debug options I should enable to give you more information.