Re: [squid-users] Performance behind proxy

From: Kevin Blackwell <akblackwel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:34:55 -0500

1. NAT interception going on? or browser proxy configuration settings?

According to this page
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/AtSource

No

2. What Squid version?

Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE21

3. is DNS working properly and fast for the proxy?
I think so. DNS Lookups: 0.01609 0.01396

4. Is your test conclusive? (same browser version in all tests,
measuring only one same object timing)

Same version of Firefox with firebug

Both from a Windows 2003 server.

What configuration for access controls?

acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443 80 8200
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 # https
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
#acl authuser proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl 40_auth external nt_group Hoffman # group in AD
acl adm_auth external nt_group Administrator # group in AD
acl 100_auth external nt_group Corp # group in AD
acl 10_auth external nt_group Acme # group in AD
acl 20_auth external nt_group Armstrongs # group in AD
acl 30_auth external nt_group Hardware Sales # group in AD
acl 50_auth external nt_group Canada # group in AD
acl 80_auth external nt_group West # group in AD
acl ups_auth external nt_group UPS Computers # Computers group

I'm doing NTLM. Hope that's not the performance issue cause logging is
important to us, but not at the cost of performance.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kevin Blackwell