Re: [squid-users] TPROXY Routing

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 20:13:18 +0200

fre 2010-04-02 klockan 09:47 -0700 skrev Kurt Sandstrom:

> 2 things I may try this evening... grab tcp traffic from eth0 and br0
> to see if redirected port 3129 is being routed out of the system
> instead of to the localhost. Then try (a shot in the dark) changing:

Which MAC address is being used on the packets sent out?

Have a feeling the packets never gets diverted off the bridge.. if so
then the MAC is unchanged when the packet is sent out.

If the packet did get diverted from the bridge to routing then the
source MAC of the packets when leaving the server will be that of br0.

other sign to look for is if the IP ttl gets decremented. If the packet
is being bridged then ttl stays the same, if it's being routed then ttl
is decremented by one.