Re: [squid-users] Accessing my websites is extremely slow

From: <Adam_at_Gmail>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:08:40 +0100

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your reply
At the moment I kept everything as default
I haven't allocated any extra cache space as yet
when I restart it it doesn't really speed it up that much
yes there's a slight difference for a short while
I get the access.log filled so quickly to the point where I have to empty it
into tries
the cache.log and store.log are ok, but the access.log gets filled so
quickly
I have disabled it for now, to see whether it will make a difference.
I have to wait til tomorrow I am trying to see if there's any noticeable
change in the loading of the pages

One other thing is one of my websites requires the license activation to run
to it's potential
but I am getting these errors since Squid.

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo
failed: Name or service not known in /var/www/folder/functions.php on line
2341
Warning:
fopen(http://www.someothersite.com/licence_server.php?licence_check=1&li=bs7F9VfU&url=www.mysite.net)
[function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/var/www/folder/functions.php on line 2341

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
/var/www/folder/functions.php on line 2343

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
/var/www/folder/functions.php on line 2345

I get these errors in the admin area instead of getting the validation of my
license, I get these errors "Warnings"

As for the ratio of hits, there a lot of them that fail similar to the
errors mentioned above of various files and folders of various apps in my
three sites.
I hope that helps a bit

Regards
Adams