[squid-users] Creating a kerberos Service Principal.

From: GIGO . <gigoz_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:10:10 +0000

Dear All,

Please guide me in regard to SSO setup with Active Directory(No winbind/Samba). I have the following questions in this regard.

1. Creating a Kerberos service principal and keytab file that is used by the Squid what is the effective method? Difference between using Ktpass vs Msktutil package? What rights would i be required in Active Directory and if none then why so?

2. How to configure the fallback Authentication scheme if Kerberos fails? Ldap authentication using basic looks to be an option but isnt it less secure? is there a better approach possible.

regards,

Bilal Aslam