Re: [squid-users] E-mails through Squid3.0 problems

From: SMAIL-GMAIL <adbasque_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:12:11 +0100

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply
I don't know how much you read of my post but maybe I need to explain a
little bit more

Picture this right?
My websites were working, and I mean everything was working and that
includes e-mails
Because I used to send e-mail almost everyday, I don't have to manually go
and send those emails
I did say I use Php Mailer method, now NO email goes out.
What has changed?

Nothing except I installed Squid on another machine and everything now goes
through squid, I didn't configure smtp to go through squid
or anything like that, I use the default config and added few things to the
config that has nothing to do with the email or any other application

In the logs there is nothing indicating that emails are failing
and even if it says mail failed etc.. what can I do, that is my question
So I am not mixing up anything on my system, my system is still running as
it used the only difference is that all of my websites (backend server) goes
through Squid3 and only since that most things stopped working, so why is
everybody denying the fact that Squid is blocking most of these apps from
running properly?

All I am asking if anyone knows how to fix this issue, while I am asking
questions here I am also trying and reading on this mainling list to see if
I can find an answer and this is not the only thing that doesn't work by the
way.

Regards
Adam