RE: [squid-users] UDP errors after upgrade to 3.1.1

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:12:03 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: donovan jeffrey j [mailto:donovan_at_beth.k12.pa.us]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:37 AM
To: Amos Jeffries
Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] UDP errors after upgrade to 3.1.1

<snip>

>no pid file in the 3.1.1 build.

>I check my other copies and they all made the PID file in
/usr/local/squid/var/logs/squid.pid
>nothing is in my 3.1.1

>cat: /usr/local/squid/var/logs/squid.pid: No such file or directory

The machines I have installed 3.1.1 on want to place the pid file in
/usr/local/squid/var/run/squid.pid

Unfortunately the install doesn't appear to build that directory, simply
do a mkdir /usr/local/squid/var/run (make sure its owned by your squid
user). Then either kill and restart squid, or manually create a
squid.pid file with the process id in it.

Alternatively you could use the pid_filename directive to point it to
another location.