[squid-users] Re: Re: Re: SSO with Active Directory-Squid Clients

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:12:47 +0100

Hi Bilal,

   Regarding your second point about workgroups the answer is that Kerberos
can work too (with popup). But to make it work your DHCP server has to
privode WINS servers (or it has to be hardcoded on the client). When a
client gets the Negotiate request the client will try to find out where the
domain server is for that domain (using the username details e.g. @DOMAIN)
via Netbios name resolution using the configured WINS servers. Once they
are determined the client will send AS and TGS requests to the domain server
and can then authenticate to the proxy.

Regards
Markus

"GIGO ." <gigoz_at_msn.com> wrote in message

If i select negotiate/Kerberos as authentication protocol for my Squid on
Linux and configure no FallBack Authentication.what would be the consequence
?

1. Isnt it that all of my users who have logged into Active Directory and
where browser is supported will be able to use squid?

2. Only those users who will try to use squid from a workgroup giving their
domain passoword (domainname/userid) will fail as there will be no fallback
aviablable.

3. Is there any other scenario in which these users will not be able to use
squid?

I would be really thankful if you guide me further as i am failing to
understand why a fallback authentication is necessary if it is. What could
be the scenario when windows clients have no valid TGT even if they are
login to the domain? I hope you can understand me and help me to clear my
self.

regards,

Bilal Aslam