[squid-users] Squid 2.7 port on Windows scenario

From: 4N0 <sinkohyo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:16:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have a following scenario:

Squid on one frontend Windows server that is needed to serve as image cache
from two backend windows servers running asp.net applications. Sqiud also is
needed for intelligent switch in case any of backened servers is dead (if
server 2 is dead switch to server 3 and vice versa).

My question is, how I can achieve this scenario with squid on configuration
and hardware level? I've read squid documentation, example scenarios but
can't get it to run. AFAIK my proxy needs to fulfill transparent proxy to
remote box scenario. But maybe also reverse proxy? (I only want to cache
static content, and "balance" switching).

Configuration examples are welcomed.