Re: [squid-users] squidGuard processes stay running

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:02:12 +0000

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:59:42 +0200, Sam Przyswa <samp_at_arial-concept.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I well configured Squid3 on Debian SID then I configured squidGuard
> 1.2.0 but when I add the link to squidGuard in squid3 I got 4 squidGuard
> processes running and the load average 1mn rise to 10 with lot of diqk
> access and squid stop to work.
>
> How to test the squidGuard config to fix the problem ?

 1) read cache.log to see if any error messages are produced by
squidguard.

 2) Identify the default low-privileged user your Squid runs as (the basic
default is "nobody", your OS may differ). Run squidguard as that user and
see what happens.

NP: 3.1 use a fair bit more RAM than other Squid since they default to
memory-cached objects. If that has caused swapping you can see a large rise
in CPU and disk IO.

Amos