[squid-users] Antwort: Re: [squid-users] automatic removing core files

From: <Martin.Pichlmaier_at_continental-corporation.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:28:04 +0200

Hello,

core files are created when squid crashes.
It would make sense to find out why squid writes core dumps.

Some documentation:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting

To prevent writing of core files set the core file limit to 0.
It could be "ulimit -c 0" or something similar.

Also see the coredump config of squid.conf

Martin

fedorischev <fedorischev_at_bsu.edu.ru>
20.04.2010 08:14

An
squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: [squid-users] automatic removing core files

÷ ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÉ ÏÔ Tuesday 20 April 2010 09:54:10 Jeff Pang ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ(Á):
> That means squid has coredump happened?
> Your squid is maybe running in incorrect mode.
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM, fedorischev <fedorischev_at_bsu.edu.ru>
wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > From time to time I checking that number of cores in /var/spool/squid
is
> > increasing. Today I checked, that number of core files is 4-6 and size
of
> > each of them is near 1-1.2G. The question is simple: is there a way to
> > automatic removing this files periodically by squid itself? Maybe an
> > option in squid.conf ? Or it's required a cron job? Or how to
absolutely
> > disable core writing ?
> >
> > Thanks.

Our squid works without significant errors, only some kind of errors are
periodically writing in cache.log, see below:

parseHttpRequest: Requestheader contains NULL characters.

Is this may be a cause of coredumps ?

Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE21 - works fine for us.

WBR.