Re: [squid-users] Slow tranfert speed over ADSL internet connection

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 22:50:20 +0000

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:49:05 -0400, francis aubut <fugitif.fa_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,I configured Squid, first with Ubuntu server and then on CentOS 5
> the problem is the same, I get very slow speed on a network connected
> with a ADSL internet connection and when I bring the computer at home
> it goes well, I have a Cable Modem connection, what could be wrong?
>
> Francis.

Your experiments as described pretty conclusively confirm that the
problems is:
 a) difference in network lag (its conceivable that your ADSL is simply
slower than Cable, I know mine is by a whole order of magnitude or two).

 b) site-specific configuration somewhere in your setup. Resulting in the
box going a long way to get stuff, ie a DNS server from the cable
connection being used when on ADSL etc.

Amos