[squid-users] squid set cookie?

From: kiran kumar <cnvkiran_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:45:26 -0700

Is it possible for Squid to Set Cookie in response messages upon
SUCCESS in NTLM authentication phase. By setting the cookie, we like
to avoid authentication in next Client request to same domain even on
a different TCP connection. This is what we wish to achieve.

1.Configure external_acl "is_auth_needed" which takes COOKIE,URL and
Source-IP as parameters.

"http_access deny is_auth_needed !proxy_auth".

2.When a Client sends a new HTTP request,The external_acl program
looks into its cache to see if a valid entry for combination of
COOKIE+Source_Ip exists. If yes, it returns "ERR" and hence NTLm
authentication skipped.

3.If no entry is found, it returns OK and NTLM phase is triggered.

4.Upon successful authentication, the ntlm_auth helper program returns
OK. If Squid provides for setting "Cookie" value now, then we can
avoid authentication for subsequent requests.

I have seen few related mail-exchanges on setting of Cookies, but
looking at squid.conf could not figure out how to do this. Any help
and suggestion is highly appreciated.

thanks in Advance,
Kiran