[squid-users] Proxy performance monitoring

From: Ivan . <ivanhec_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:58:56 +1000

Hi

I recently implemented a new proxy system. I am looking at doing is
setting a periodical test that
goes out to the Internet, pull some content down and record the
relevant metrics.

PC------------>Proxy----------->FW------------------>Internet---------------->Site-with-content

Some sort of scheduled process on a PC, that pulls down some static
content from the same website, which is repeatable. The application
would then record metrics such as speed, time taken to download the
static content and log that.

I have been digging on this site
http://www.opensourcetesting.org/performance.php looking at tools that
are available, but I would appreciate any info if anyone has down
something similar.

Thanks
Ivan