Re: [squid-users] Proxy performance monitoring

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 14:52:07 +1200

Ivan . wrote:
> thanks
>
> What am I looking for is something more along these lines.
>
> http://www.webperformanceinc.com/library/files/proxy_server_performance.pdf
>

> cheers
> Ivan

Oh.

That paper describes requirements for a lab test. The good test
software; polygraph etc, have not changed AFAIK so go with those
mentioned if you want to.

What your initial email seemed to describe was for monitoring live
production installation performance.

Be aware these are very different. Throwing lab data at a production
server to a real remote web service is a very quick way to get yourself
a huge bandwidth bill and annoyed phone calls.

Amos

--
Please be using