[squid-users] Authentication Reverse Proxy

From: GIGO . <gigoz_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:25:49 +0000

Hi,

What is the behaviour/mechanism of authentication if using squid proxy for both as forward proxy and reverse proxy.

I have successfully setup it for a forward proxy using the Helper files by Markus and the following tutorial;
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos

Now comming in my mind two scenarios. One is that squid is being used for authentication and the second one is that web server is providing the authenticaiton/authorization and squid is just forwarding the requests to the web server? Please guide/suggest/comment about it.

However what my pan is that I want that web server(outlookwebacess) should be the one taking care of auhentication part and squid should simply have given the role of forwarder. However i am not sure which approach to adopt and what are any special configurations that are required? what are the implications of each approach?

regards,

Bilal