Re: [squid-users] wedged (newbie question)

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 10:37:31 +0200

On 22.04.10 22:59, Jeff Pang wrote:
> I don't think so.
> You may watch cache.log to see what happened at that time.
> But rotating logs with crontab is fine.

I think the most probably reason is that squid started using either too much
of memory that could cause the machine swapping, see

Or maybe is used too much of disk space that could cause disk i/o sloweness
- many filesystems tend to slow down when filled too much, and having more
space filles with data of course causes the disk to be more accessed.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas, ;
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.