Re: [squid-users] make squid-3.1.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 22:59:57 +1200

lieven wrote:
> Thank you Henrik.
>
> I just tried your suggestion and emptied the base64.c file.
> It did solve one problem but a new one arises.
>
> I took following actions:
>
> make clean
> ./configure
> make
>
> and now it stops like this:

<snip>

> Maybe I can just compile the squid_kerb_auth helper and install the rest
> of squid3 with apt-get.
>
> I already tried downloading the squid_kerb_auth from the cvs
> (sourceforge project) but couldn't get it to configure. Here, when I go
> into the squid_kerb_auth folder, at least the configure works.
>
> Sorry if this sounds gibberish, I'm not a programmer.

Well done then. Perfect code-speak. ;)

> thanks for your help.
> Lieven
>

> Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> ons 2010-04-28 klockan 18:46 +0200 skrev lieven:
>>
>>> squid_kerb_auth squid_kerb_auth.o base64.o -lmiscutil -lm
>>> ../../../lib/libmiscutil.a(base64.o):(.rodata+0x0): multiple
>>> definition of `base64_code'
>>> base64.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> echo >helpers/negotiate_auth/squid_kerb_auth/base64.c
>>
>> Appears that file is duplicate and colliding with the same from within
>> the main parts of the Squid source tree.

Henrik,
  The file is bundled with the source as Marcus modified version of
base64.c, it has a slightly nicer implementation of encode/decode but it
seems some of the symbols were not prefixed with ska_ like they needed.
Not sure yet why it passed all our build farm tests.

Lieven,
  In helpers/negotiate_auth/squid_kerb_auth/base64.c as provided with
the sources remove the line with "base64_code = " and a list of alphabet
characters.

  You may also need to remove some of the lines next to it if they also
clash ('multiple definition of') on following "make".

  You do not have to "make clean" and "configure" for these changes,
just "make" should find the .c changes fine.

I expect that will get it building for you.

PS: If you can list any other 'multiple definition of' you get while
doing that we can see about cleaning up the squid code for future builds.

Amos

--
Please be using