Re: [squid-users] Squid stops due to signal 6

From: Jakob Curdes <jc_at_info-systems.de>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:39:11 +0200

Sagar schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> I have enough space in /usr/local/squid/var/logs .....
>
> access.log, store.log & cache.log are well under 0.5 G
>
> Even then i've got this message when the SQUID stopped abruptly .............
>
> ==================================================================================================================
>
> May 06 08:21:01 (squid server hostname) avahi-daemon[2170]:
> Withdrawing address record for x.x.x.110 on eth0.

Well, you have a daemon running on the system that is capable of
changing ethernet interface addresses and names
and this daemon says it has just done just that. So there is no wonder
squid is stopping...
You should check why avahi has withdrawn the address, or, as I would
suggest, disable avahi on a server machine.
This is really rather something for a notebook than for a server. I
personally do not like it if servers change their interface on its own...
Anyway, this is not a squid issue.

Hope this helps,
Jakob Curdes