[squid-users] File with zero size when using squid proxy

From: Emmanuel Lesouef <e.lesouef_at_crbn.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:42:15 +0200

Hello,

I'm facing a strange issue with our Squid proxy.

The situation is that one of our users reports us that when he tries
to get a small file (under 2kb it seems), his browser leave him with a
zero size text file.

If we test with a direct access to the internet, the file is well sized
(453 bytes, for example) and readable.

If we test the same process from the proxy but not using the squid
proxy itself, the file is ok (453 bytes and readable).

If we test the same process from the proxy, using the squid proxy, the
file downloaded size is zero and the file is empty.

Do you have some ideas to investigate this issue ?

Thank you.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef