Re: [squid-users] cache-control headers

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 22:02:38 +0200

ons 2010-05-12 klockan 08:45 -0700 skrev Jonathan Lunn:

> I'm successfully using Squid (3.0.STABLE25) with ESI enabled but, I can't seem to cache anything that has a cache-control: max-age less than 60 seconds. At present I'm having to set cache-control: max-age header at 61 seconds in order to cache.

There is a threshold set in squid.conf limiting caching of objects which
can not be revalidated (no cache validator in the response header) and
which expires quickly.

minimum_expiry_time or something like that.

Fixing the server to provide and support cache validators is the better
option however.

A cache validator is Last-Modified or ETag, and is used by
If-Modified-Since or If-None-Match request headers to validate the
freshness of the cached copy.