[squid-users] http CONNECT method with fwd proxy to content server on same subnet

From: Quin Guin <quinguin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 07:17:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

 I have a new need for deploying squid in my environment and I have been trying to set it up but it is not working as expected. Please see me requirements below and I have tried this with both 2.7-stable9 and 3.1.3 on CentOS4.6 64bit.

I have a remote server sending a HTTP CONNECT to my server but my server can't handle an HTTP CONNECT. So I wanted to use squid to handle the CONNECT method and then send the https requests to my local server to handle the request. I know that a transparent proxy doesn't know how to handle the SSL requests because is not operating as a normal proxy. So I have been using squid as a fwd proxy but it keeps sending the http CONNECT method to my end server which is causing issues. So I am asking for ideas on what I need to do to look at do this. I have tried various iptables rules and cache_peers but nothing is seeming to work I am using pretty much the default config except for my local network IPs and ACL to allow the traffic.

I would appreciate any ideas..

Thanks,

Guin