Re: [squid-users] Access.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 19:07:08 +1200

GIGO . wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Can anybody please explain me what does this error mean and why it occurs it happens while i was testing youtube/facebook caching.
>
> TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/204
>
> Does this suggest that some object in cache has corrupted? if so how to rectify the error?

"204" ? not sure.

I would expect all negative hits to be 4xx or 5xx codes.

TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT is an web server error page which has been explicitly
marked as cacheable by its website being fetched from your cache.

It would only be a problem with your squid if you have negative_ttl set
to something higher than 0 seconds.

> Is this error only means that user has aborted the transfer or it may come for some other reason as well.
> TCP_MISS/000

TCP_MISS/000 is sometimes a problem, sometimes not. It means that Squid
does not have the object cached and could not fetch any bytes from a web
server for it. May be due to the only-if-cached browser control being
sent to Squid, a persistent connection closing early, or a network failure.

Amos

--
Please be using