Re: [squid-users] Kerberos

From: Matthew Smith <mps_at_utas.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 14:32:21 +1000

Hi Amos,

Thanks for the reply, you have left me very confused, though. We are talking about MIT's kerberos, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerberos_(protocol)

My understanding is that kerberos is a protocol for authentication, and other directory services (like Mac OS X's OpenDirectory) support it as well as AD.

Thanks for the link to the wiki, I had a quick look through, and I'll see if I can get it going with AD as a test. Does anyone know if any other directory services that implement Kerberos are supported? I'd like to see if I can get it to work with OpenDirectory or maybe Novell eDirectory.

Thanks for the help!

Matt Smith