Re: [squid-users] Kerberos

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 01:49:08 +0200

mån 2010-05-17 klockan 11:15 +1000 skrev Matthew Smith:
> Hi!
>
> I have been trying to find out some info on kerberos auth and squid,
> but most of my searching points to setting up kerberos for single
> signon with windows AD. Are other directory services supported? If so,
> which? Also does anyone know of some good beginner style resources for
> setting up kerb auth with squid?

Negotiate auth in theory works with any kerberos based authentication.

I suppose it would work with eDirectory + kerberos as well as Microsoft
AD. But depends a bit on the client.

Most UNIX clients should work regardless which type of kerberos server
is being used I think. But not something I have tried, not even with an
MS AD Kerberos.