Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.3 & squid 2.7 running together on the same server.

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:54:47 +0200

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM, GIGO . <gigoz_at_msn.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was running multiple instances of  squid 3.0 Stable 25 on the same server successfully. However i intend to run squid 2.7 & 3.1.3 on the same server now reason being 2.7s enhance support of dynamic content caching. (Earlier the main intention to use multiple instances was to give fault tolerance to cache failure )
>

> My question is that if this possible? If there be any special changes i be requiring?

It is. If you build squid 3.1 on your own, all you have to do is
specifying a specific --prefix path to the configure script.
The two copies will share nothing (you can have them share included
parts of the configuration afterwards).

There are other ways to obtain the result, but they are more complex
and of limited gain.

--
    /kinkie