[squid-users] Slowness in downloading files, but not web browsing

From: Kelly, Jack <Jack.Kelly_at_wsdevelopment.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:07:56 -0400

Hi everyone,
We're running Squid 3.1.1 on a virtual Ubuntu x64 server sitting on a
fiber LUN. It's been up for a couple of months without issue any issues
until recently.

Over the past week or so I've had users calling in to report that
downloading files from the internet has been very slow. They'll start
out with a fast download speed, but it will quickly go down to about
5kb/sec.

If I circumvent the proxy server and connect to these sites directly,
the download goes right through no problem.

I've tried restarting the Squid service with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jack

This message and any attachments are the property of WS Development, may be privileged or confidential
and are intended only for the addressee. If you have received this email in error, please delete it
immediately. Any views expressed herein are the author's and do not necessarily represent those of the company.