Re: [squid-users] Too many logon when auto redirect script

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:11:43 +0200

ons 2010-05-26 klockan 11:38 +0700 skrev Niti Lohwithee:

> When the user set directly to proxy.xxx.com at browser, squid asked
> for the user/password for only one timm of new session. However, if
> the user set at browser and point to auto redirect script, the brower
> aske to many pop up for entering user name and password for new
> session. For example, the squid ask to enter the password for
> google.com as 2 time, Another website is 3-4 time.

In my experience this is not related to the usage of a PAC script, but
which site is the first site you visit.

If the HTML page of the initial page is cached but not some other
objects like adverts, usage trackers etc then many browsers gets
confused and pops up manly login requests, caused by the browser running
several requests in parallell and seeing all of them being rejected
bythe proxy with auth requirement.

If the initial page you visit is not cached by the browser then this
problem do not arise. Same if the page is cached but the browser
revalidates it's cache before starting to render the page.