Re: [squid-users] problem 2 squid version 3.1.3 X-Authenticated-User

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 23:11:34 +1200

Gabriele Gabriele wrote:
> The Authentication in only on the internal proxy, in the external I need to have IP of the client and the username for some acl.

So you said. I understand that is what you have now which is not working.

> So I think I need this information on the Header.

It's bad security to leak things like usernames out to the general
world, so there is no easy way to pass them on.

The header you receive these things on needs to be explicitly requested
by the auth_param configuration.

You might be lucky with the specific cache_peer login=PASS setting on
proxy1 since there is somewhat of a trust relationship between squid and
its cache_peers.

A slightly bigger holdup is likely to be that without authentication
configured at proxy2 it will not even read the authentication headers to
get the username out.

Amos

--
Please be using