Re: [squid-users] How to avoid the exceptions at the browser

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:06:51 +0200

On 01.06.10 19:51, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> Sure. There is no big difference between internal or external servers to
> the proxy. Just make sure it has connectivity to the servers and know
> how to resolve their names to IP.

which means, if your proxy can reach internal servers, you can proxy the
requests the usual way, including DNS resolution.

There's currently no way for proxy to tell the client "don't go to me, go
directly to the site".
Therefore you must exceptions either configured directly or use a WPAD file
that will tell the browser to go directly to internal servers.

But, if you are going to differ internal sites by their IP addresses, and
the clients enter hostnames, browsers will still have to resolve those
hostnames to IP addresses.

You should fasten your DNS resolution ...

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."