Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration for NTLM

From: Prashant K.S <ksprashant_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Amos, The domain I am talking about is my office network domain and my computer cannot be a part of that domain. Is it possible to host myself a domain or be a part of some domain that is available in open(Not sure how risky is it). Regards, Prashant ----- Original Message ---- From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> To: squid-users@squid-cache.org Sent: Thu, 3 June, 2010 9:05:48 AM Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration for NTLM On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:30:51 -0700 (PDT), "Prashant K.S" <ksprashant@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi Amos, > > Thanks for your reply. > > I want to correct my words. I do have access to some NT domain. But just > that I have the user and password to authenticate against that domain. But > my computer is not part of that domain. Will I able to achieve NTLM > authentication with Squid using this setup. And If yes can you please let > me know the configuration. Okay good. You won't be able to do it without making the proxy a machine account on the domain. Apparently the winbindd manual page has details on how the Linux machine needs to be configured into the domain. Details on the Squid and Samba setup can be found here: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Ntlm Amos