[squid-users] Digest authentication change from previous version?

From: David Parks <davidparks21_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:35:02 -0600

A while back I tested out squid with a custom Digest authenticator.

I found that squid was caching the authentication requests and not
re-requesting them from the auth-helper.

I don't recall what version I did the test on, but it might have been 2.7.

I am now using 3.0.25 and I see that my auth-helper is receiving a new
authentication request every request (or possibly every connection).

In either case I'm much happier with the current setup because I can disable
user access dynamically using the auth-helper.

But since there's a change from what I originally found and now I want to
validate that this is indeed the _expected behavior_? Anyone familiar with
such a change?

Thanks,
David