[squid-users] Squid / OWA authentication issues - part 2

From: Johnson, S <sjohnson_at_edina.k12.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:06:27 -0500

I've been messing around with getting my squid proxy to allow
authentication to OWA (outlook web access) and discovered something very
interesting...

If I try another site that has OWA running behind an iptables based
firewall (shorewall) I get the exact same message. This OWA is
accessible with no issues if I do not use Squid. However, if I try
accessing OWA through the Squid to an OWA that exists behind a
commercial firewall (sonicwall) it works just fine.

I'm now thinking that it's an issue with Squid and iptables based
firewalls. I played around with packet mangling but that didn't seem to
have any effect.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be causing this?

Thanks!