[squid-users] Sending squid access.log files as attachments

From: Callahan <n.arnold_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Right, so I've managed to configure everything I need from Squid by playing
around with it and spending hours on Google. Just one part remains that I
can't manage to fix. I have the latest version of Squid running on a
dedicated Ubunti Server box. All browsers are set up to point to the Squid
proxy and all is working as it should. I have also installed and configured
nail and msmtp on the Ubuntu box so that it can mail me the access.log file
each night to my email account. As I am mailing my work account via my
Exchange server, no authentication is required as it's all internal. The
problem I am having is that I can't get the log file to attach to the email
as an attachment, it always comes through in the body of the email. I am
using nail as it offers the ability to add whatever you send through it as
an attachment. This, however, is something I am failing to get working.
Here are the config files I am using:

.msmtprc
defaults
logfile /tmp/msmtp.log

# Exchange account
account Exchange
host 172.16.0.2
from proxy-server_at_mynetwork.net

account default : Exchange

.mailrc
account Exchange{

set from="proxy-server_at_mynetwork.net"
set sendmail="/usr/bin/msmtp"
set message-sendmail-extra-arguments="-a Exchange"
}

and finally, my Squid conf itself.

/etc/logrotate.d/squid
#
# Logrotate fragment for squid
#
/var/log/squid/*log {
      daily
compress
delaycompress
rotate 1
notifempty
missingok
nocreate
sharedscripts
mail me_at_mynetwork.net
mailfirst
prerotate
        test ! -x /usr/sbin/sarg-reports ¦¦ /usr/sbin/sarg-reports
endscript
postrotate
        test ! -e /var/run/squid.pid ¦¦ /usr/sbin/squid -k rotate
endscript

Could someone point out the (hopefully not obvious) error?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!