Re: [squid-users] TPROXY squid and shorewall

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:50:06 +0000

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:41:52 -0500, "Johnson, S"
<sjohnson_at_edina.k12.mn.us>
wrote:
> Has anyone successfully setup shorewall with squid in tproxy mode? I'm
> having a hard time finding documentation on the shorewall side to work
> with Squid... Does anyone have any? Thanks.

Shorewall is just an obfuscating wrapper around the iptables command line.

If you understand where shorewall lays out all its bits of each rule it
should not be too hard to map the wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4
iptables rules into shorewall config settings. (Been a long while since I
used shorewall sorry or I'd make a stab at it myself).

Amos