RE: [squid-users] Join Squid to Windows Domain Controller : Configuring Squid for NTLM with Winbind Authentication on CentOS 5

From: Joseph L. Casale <jcasale_at_activenetwerx.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:34:21 +0000

>I have followed these steps and I keep getting this error :

>Password:
>[2010/06/16 16:25:28, 0] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(367)
> Error in domain join verification (credential setup failed):
>NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED
>
>Unable to join domain EXCH02.
>
>Shutting down Winbind services: [ OK ]
>Starting Winbind services: [ OK ]
>[root_at_squid squid]#

Sanitize and post your smb.conf and krb5.conf. Based on your last post,
I am guessing there is a misconfiguration there.

Pending that, you might look into possible configuration of AD preventing
your version of Samba from working. Although you are using the CentOS 5
Config example, what distro and Samba package are you using?

Out of curiosity, what client OS's are you supporting with this proxy?