[squid-users] Cache_peer HTTP Digest authentication problem

From: Chitresh Kakwani <chitreshkakwani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:42:17 +0530

Hi,

I tried to configure squid proxy on my machine to use another squid
proxy(installed on another machine) as the parent proxy. The parent
proxy requires HTTP Digest authorization. My objective is to set up a
local proxy which deals with the parent proxy's authorization and
provides authorization free access to programs on my machine. But the
local proxy sends HTTP Basic authentication header in HTTP requests if
the following configuration directive is used :

cache_peer 192.168.10.1 parent 8080 0 no-query login=username:password

So the parent proxy returns an error TCP_MISS/407: Authentication
Required. Is there a way to configure the local proxy to use HTTP
Digest authentication when forwarding requests to the parent proxy?
If this feature is not available in squid, then I would like to
implement it. Can somebody give me directions on how to get started
with squid's code ?

Regards
Chitresh Kakwani