Re: [squid-users] how to cache podcasts with '?' in URL using squid?

From: David Wetzel <dave_at_turbocat.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:21:57 -0700

Hi,

Am 22.06.2010 um 12:13 schrieb Henrik Nordström:

> Then you may use an url rewriter helper to strip the query part from the
> URL.

I want to avoid starting rewriters, because I am running on an embedded box with only 256 MB RAM, but an 32 GB SSD.

> Or if using a Squid version with store url rewrite support (2.7) then
> tell Squid to ignore that query part for caching purposes but still
> forwarding it on cache misses.

I am using 3.1.3.
It seems to cache google maps without changes. Has that been build in?
I have seen some examples to support google maps and youtube but they seem to be for older versions than mine!?

How do I tell squid to ignore that query part?

Thanks!

David