Re: [squid-users] Skype block

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:45:09 -0300

Ricardo,

ufdbGuard is a URL redirector for Squid.
Its main purpose is URL filtering and it is also capable
of filtering Skype the way that you want.

Skype uses direct communication (blocked by your firewall),
HTTP [proxy] (blocked by Squid since Skype does not obey HTTP protocol)
and HTTPS [proxy] to communicate with other Skype nodes.

To block the use of a HTTPS proxy you need to configure ufdbGuard to
- configure a whitelist to allow traffic to your own web servers
- block HTTPS traffic for non-FQDN

Marcus