[squid-users] Multiple separate caches?

From: Sean SPALDING <s.spalding_at_ecu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:59:41 +0800

Hi all,

I'm wondering if (and how) a single squid installation can be configured to treat 2 different ports on the same parent as different caches?

I have an application behind squid, using it as an accelerator, that responds with different content to requests for the same URL based on the presence of a HTTP Header (inserted by an SSL offload device).

Squid is serving out a single cache object as the URL is the same for both types of request but I need it to serve out 2 spearate streams of content based on the parent's receiving port, ie. 80 vs 8443.

Regards,

Sean.

PS. yes, I'm still relatively new to squid configuration

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B