[squid-users] Squid 3.1.4 keeps giving Access Denied intermittently

From: Nitin <nitin.networks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:32:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

We have been using Squid for many years now and recently
we upgraded from 2.7 to 3.1 version. Since upgrading we
started getting intermittent Access Denied messages for
sites that we can access normally. For example, if we
access www.google.com we get the site straightaway at
times and on other times we get Access Denied message.
Then, if we keep refreshing the page, the site comes up.

We had our ISP connection checked by their support staff
who visited our premises and got a Windows laptop connect
directly without the proxy and everything was working
excellently.

With Squid 2.7 everything worked as a charm. So I am
wondering what must be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nitin