Re: [squid-users] Restrict some user

From: Scott Horsley <scott.horsley_at_staff.netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:22:36 +1000

On 6/07/10 5:32 PM, "Donny Christiaan" <dchristiaan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Expert,
>
> I'm using:
> - Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE6
> - mysql_auth
> - SquidGuard
>
> My question is.
>
> Can I set by default all user can not access Facebook, Twitter, etc
> but some user can?
>
> Let say I would like to set user donny and christiaan can acess
> Facebook with their username & password but not for other user.
>
> I set the policy at SquidGuard to block all to Facebook.
>
> Please your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Donny Christiaan.

Should be pretty straight forward. Never used SquidGuard before but the
basics of a generic squid config would look something similar to this;

acl social_networks .facebook.com .twitter.com
acl safe_users proxy_auth donny christiaan
http_access safe_users social_networks
http_access deny social_networks

The last line is equivilent of what you mentioned you did in SquidGuard
already.
Of course, this is untested but should give you a starting point.

Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Please note that
 any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
 author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any