Re: [squid-users] Conf squid cache [

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:56:35 +1200

squidACL wrote:
> I have Fedora10 when trying to access Internet through PROXY using Mozilla i
> was allways connected automaticaly without user and password . Recently they

Meaning:
  a) the proxy previously did not require authentication but now does.

  b) your browser was previously sending authentication without
notifying you, but now does a popup.

which?

> ask me a login. I automatically get
> Cache Access Denied Error saying i need to authenticate. I allready removed
> all of the cookies and cleared the cache... all services started squid ,
> samba and winbind , i don't no why a have this probleme

You seem to be the Squid admin...
   What version of Squid are you talking about?
   What type authentication did you configure?
   Have you checked the browser still has access to the required
credentials?

Popup only occurs when the browser has no credentials, or the ones it
has are invalid.

Amos

--
Please be using